Kalash Chilam Joshi Festival Tour
Kalash Chilam Joshi Festival, also known as Chilim Jhust, Chilimjusht, and Kalash spring festival, is celebrated to honor and praise their God of Kalasha people and is most awaited worldwide. Tourists around the globe gather to witness this unusual Kalash Chilam Joshi Festival full of color, dance, and excitement. It is an expression by the Kalasha community to welcome the spring season with the hope of blessings from God. Click Pakistan Tourism Services organize various guided trips to Chitral and Kalash valley every year especially Kalash Chilam Joshi Festival.
• Opportunity to dance with locals
• Enjoy Kalasha and Hunzai cuisine.
• Hear stories from men & women of Kalasha community
• View of hundreds of peaks, including Tirich Mir (7,708m)
• Rivers (Kunar, Dir, Chitral), tributaries, and streams
• Views of forts (Malakand, Nagar, Ayun & Chitral) and Mosques
• Go through the Hunza valley, surrounded by mighty peaks.
• Opportunity to witness hundreds of peaks including Rakaposhi (7,708m) Passu Sar (7,478m), and Ultar Sar (7,388m) in the Karakoram Range
• Rivers (Hunza, Gilgit, Nagar, Indus, Kunhar), tributaries, and streams
• Lakes including Attabad, Lulusar, Borith, Shandur, Khalti, Phandar and Batura
• Glaciers including Bualtar, Passu, Batura and Hussaini etc
• Sightseeing of years old forts (Altit and Baltit)
• Karakoram Highway and Ancient Silk Route
• Sightseeing in Capital city of Islamabad
• An experienced and knowledgeable local tour guide (English spoken)
• All land transport involved as per itinerary including jeep safari (where it needed)
• Airport transfers for international flights on day start and day end
• Accommodation on twin sharing as described below in details
• Meals throughout the tour (breakfast, Lunch & dinner)
• Letter of Invitation and general visa advice
• Tea & Coffee morning & afternoon
• Travel insurance
• Pakistan Visa
• Domestic Flights
• Tips for local guides and support staff
• Guided Islamabad sightseeing
• Miscellaneous expenses – drinks and souvenirs etc
• Anything not mentioned in inclusions
Day 1 | ISLAMABAD SIGHTSEEING
Pick up the guests and departure for a city tour of Islamabad. Exploring heritage museum, Shah Faisal Mosque, highest viewpoint of Islamabad Pir Sohawa. Overnight stay in Islamabad.
DAY 2 | TRAVEL TO SWAT VALLEY
After breakfast will move towards Swat, a beautiful hill station at the drive of 3 hours from Islamabad. Swat was once a center of Buddhist Civilization. We go through the white palace and visit some archaeological sites. Overnight stay in Swat.
DAY 3 | DRIVE TO CHITRAL, AYUN VILLAGE
Today will depart to Chitral from Swat. Reach AYUN, the closest village of Kalasha tribes. Visit the village (if time allows) otherwise next day. Overnight stay Chitral.
DAY 4 | WALK AROUND RUMBUR VALLEY
We will travel to Rumbur valley on this day; this is the main village to experience Chilam Joshi Festival. Walk around the village and have lunch. Then, move toward Bumburet valley for a night’s stay.
DAY 5 | EXPLORING BUMBURET VALLEY
Exploring the Bumburet Valley and visiting local museum and Kalasha graveyards. It is the day to join the mega festival of Chilam Joshi. All nearby tribes gather in Bumburet to participate in the festival. Great event, dance, colors of culture, photography, and interaction with local peoples. Move to Chitral for an overnight stay.
DAY 6 | EXPLORE CHITRAL
Excursion of Chitral town. Explore Chitral Fort and Shahi Mosque. Then, travel towards Birmoglasht on the mountain top, which offers a panoramic view of the valley. Finally, get back to Chitral for an overnight stay.
DAY 7 | WALK AROUND YARKHUD VALLEY
Explore the Mastuj, the main village of Yarkhud valley on the border of Afghanistan. A brief walk around the village. Interaction with the local community. Overnight stay in Mastuj.
DAY 8 | DRIVE TOWARDS GUPIS, SHANDUR PASS
Next move toward Gupis on this day. Travel via Shandur Pass and will go through many villages of Laspr. Stopover for Shandur Lake and Shandur polo ground. Will pass through pastures and meadows of Barsit, Teru, and Langar. Shortstop at Phandar valley. After checking in, the hotel will visit the village for photography. Overnight stay in Gupis.
DAY 9 | DEPARTURE FOR GILGIT
Departure for Gilgit, capital city of Gilgit Baltistan. Visit the famous Buddha carving site KARGAH NALA, visit Gilgit market. Overnight stay in Gilgit.
DAY 10 |DEPARTURE FOR HUNZA
Next departure for Hunza, one of the top holiday attractions of Gilgit Baltistan. The valley offers a lot of things to attract tourists. It is surrounded by mighty peaks, spectacular mountains, ancient heritage, and fantastic culture. You will enjoy the journey on one of the highest paved international roads, KARAKORUM HIGHWAY. Stop for Rakaposhi’s viewpoint. Presentation inside ancient Altit & Baltit forts and visit Karimabad. Overnight stay in Hunza.
DAY 11 | EXPLORE NORTH HUNZA
A whole day excursion of North Hunza, visit the majestic Attabad Lake, Passu, and Khunjrab pass (Pak-China border), experience stunning views around the Karakoram Highway. Then, get back to Passu for an overnight stay.
DAY 12 | EXPLORE PASSU VILLAGE
Exploration of Passu village on a walk. Architecture and livings of Wakhi people of this region. Visit Alpine Borith lake, Hussaini Hanging Bridge, Hopper valley, hike to Bualtar Glacier. Overnight stay in Passu.
DAY 13 | DEPARTURE FROM HUNZA, BESHAM
Today, get ready to depart from Hunza and stop in Besham, a beautiful hill station, overnight.
DAY 14 | DEPARTURE FOR ISLAMABAD
Departure for Islamabad, visit Taxila Museum and Buddhist sites on the way to Islamabad. Then, reach Islamabad for a night’s stay.
DAY 15 | ISLAMABAD
Departure TimeEarly Morning
Return TimeIslamabad 9:30 PM
Dress CodeRain Coat, Umbrella Hiking Shoes, Warm jacket etc.