Kalash Valley (Chawmos Festival)
The Kalasha or Kalash, also called Waigali or Wai, are a Dardic Indo-Aryan indigenous people residing in the Chitral District of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.
Chawmos (cawmōs, ghona chawmos yat, Khowar “chitrimas” from *cāturmāsya, CDIAL 4742) is the most important Kalash festival, which is celebrated for two weeks at winter solstice (Dec. 7-22), at the beginning of the month chawmos mastruk in two weeks.
Kalash festival of Chawmos begins on the winter solstice and holds great importance among the Kalasha people. Chamois, also known as Chitirmas, Chaumos is a winter Kalash festival. The annually observed event symbolizes and forecasts the prosperity of the village and its people in the coming year. The locals perform rituals for purification during the festival at the dawn of the new year.
People go out in numbers to seek foxes which are a good omen to sight at this time. Torchlit processions arrive from nearby villages at the main traditional dancing place called a “Charsue”. The dancing and festivities are held indoor that go late into the night as the local wine is handed around the bonfire.
The tribal elders gather at hilltops to watch the rising sun of the new year that is followed by goat sacrifices made to the Goddess, “Jastak”, and the blood is sprinkled at the temple Jastarkhan.
DepartureLahore | Islamabad
Departure TimePlease arrive by 10:15 PM for a prompt departure at 10:30 PM.
Return TimeApproximately 12:00 AM.
Dress CodeRain Coat, Umbrella Hiking Shoes, Warm jacket.
IncludeAll Tolls & TaxesHotel AccommodationQuality MealsTour Guide ServicesPhotographyFirst Aid Box
Not IncludedComplementary BreakfastTea/CoffeeLunchBoating ExpensesEntry TicketsTransportation
Day 1: Islamabad | Ayun Fort
- Pick Islamabad members
- Breakfast at Local Restaurant near Dir
- Continue Drive Towards Chitral
- Via Upper Dir & Lowari Tunnel
- Short stops for photography & Sightseeing
- Lunch break at local Hotel near Lowari
- Continue journey towards Ayun Fort
- Check-in the Magnificent Resort
- Dinner and night stay at Ayun
Day 2: Ayun | Bumburet
- Breakfast at Fort
- A walk itno the Ayun Village
- Explore Ayun Bagh and Organic Gardens
- Continue Journey towards Bumburet Valley
- Visit the Famous Kalash Open Graveyard
- Visit Famous Bumburet Museum
- A walk to Krakal School
- A Walk to local house of the Kalasha
- Enjoy the Chamous Festival
- Kalasha religious ceremonies and dances
- Dinner and Night Stay at Bumburet Valley
Day 03: CHAWMOUS DAY Celebrations
- Breakfast at local house in kalash
- After Breakfast enjoy all day festival
- Meet the locals to exchange knowledge
- Enjoy weather flute at River Side
- Know the history from locals spend quality time
- Arrangements for Bonfire
- Arrangements for Live BbQ
- Arrangements for Local Music
- Overnight stay at Kalash
Day 04: kalash | Islamabad | Lahore
- Early Breakfast at Kalash
- Drive towards Dir
- Lunch break on the way back
- Dinner near Takht Bahi
- Famous Chappal Kebab with Naan
- Reach Islamabad late night
- Continue journey towards Lahore
- Reach Lahore
- End of Service
Kalash Chitral Valley, KPK
- 15500 PKR per head
- 36000 PKR (For Twin sharing)
- Kids under 2 years old will be totally free of charge
- Kids between 2 to 8 year old will be charged with 50% of adult price.
- Kids above 8 years old will be charged as full price as the rate of an adult.
- Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by depositing 30% as advance into company account and the rest of the amount is required to be paid upon your arrival to the company representative in cash.
- The maximum room capacity is four persons including adults and children.
- Only one infant (under 2-year-old) can be free on one bus, provided he/she does not occupy a seat.
- Any other kid would be charged with the full price the same as an adult.
- Click Pakistan recommends customers to bring their own safety seats for children under 4 years old.